Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mlh

Default Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?

Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Sorry, no version of Microsoft Works Suite includes any version
of Powerpoint. Powerpoint is available as a standalone
application and as part of the Microsoft Office suite.

mlh wrote:

Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No. You need PowerPoint to create presentations.

"mlh" wrote in message
Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mlh

Well, phooey. I purchased the microsoft works suite 2006 and it has a ppt
viewer... anyway... can I just buy Microsoft Powerpoint without getting the
whole Office deal? Thanks so much.

mlh wrote:

Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Microsoft provides free viewers for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
so that people who don't have these applications can still view
and print files created with these applications. But you cannot
create a Powerpoint file using the free Powerpoint viewer. You
can purchase Powerpoint 2003 by itself, or you can purchase
Powerpoint 2003 as part of Microsoft Office 2003. See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/Powe...y/default.mspx
for more information.

mlh wrote:

Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Yes, you can. But I would take the Works Suite back for a refund, and buy
Microsoft Office Standard instead.

When you use more than one of the Office products, it's cheaper to buy the
whole thing than it is to buy two single components.

Hint: If Works Suite was going to be sufficient for your needs, then look
at purchasing a previous version of Office. Office 2002 or Office 2000 will
both do far more than Works Suite would, and they will be available in the
Remainder bin or on Ebay for a very deep discount :-)

Cheers

On 23/1/06 4:03 PM, in article
, "mlh"

mlh wrote:

Can I create a powerpoint with Works Suite 2006?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410