Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nofx1728

Default Need Help.. run-time error 91

Recently upgraded to office 2003. When I first opened it, I got an error
message, something about adobe reader - said I either had to upgrade adobe,
or I could work around it by changing the name of 2 of the files. I changed
the names of the 2 files. Now I just sent an attachment through an email -
word document - and the person was unable to open the document. Also,
everytime I close word down I receive this error message: Microsoft Visual
Basic "Run-time error '91'. Object variable or With Block variable not set."
I have no clue what that means, and I have no clue why I'm receiving it.
Can someone please help me out.

Thanks

-nofx1728
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Sounds like Acrobat - see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

If not that, it is almost certainly an AddIn of some sort - see what you
have installed under Tools Templates and AddIns, remove them all and add
them back one by one till you find the culprit.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"nofx1728" wrote in message
Recently upgraded to office 2003. When I first opened it, I got an error
message, something about adobe reader - said I either had to upgrade

adobe,
or I could work around it by changing the name of 2 of the files. I

changed
the names of the 2 files. Now I just sent an attachment through an

email -
word document - and the person was unable to open the document. Also,
everytime I close word down I receive this error message: Microsoft

Visual
Basic "Run-time error '91'. Object variable or With Block variable not

set."
I have no clue what that means, and I have no clue why I'm receiving it.
Can someone please help me out.

Thanks

-nofx1728

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nofx1728

It's definately adobe. The two files a renamed where adobe. However, I
can't figure out how to remove this add-on. When I go to tools-add-ons the
file appears, but it does not give me the option to remove, only the option
to add. I deleted the file from my startup menu, but it still appears in my
add-ons menu. Any ideas?

thanks,

nofx1728

"nofx1728" wrote in message
Recently upgraded to office 2003. When I first opened it, I got an error
message, something about adobe reader - said I either had to upgrade

adobe,
or I could work around it by changing the name of 2 of the files. I

changed
the names of the 2 files. Now I just sent an attachment through an

email -
word document - and the person was unable to open the document. Also,
everytime I close word down I receive this error message: Microsoft

Visual
Basic "Run-time error '91'. Object variable or With Block variable not

set."
I have no clue what that means, and I have no clue why I'm receiving it.
Can someone please help me out.

Thanks

-nofx1728

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Do the instructions in the link I posted not help?

Acrobat may well be in more than one place but Tools Templates and Addins
should give you the path to it - if you can't see all of it, widen the
dialog box.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"nofx1728" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nofx1728

I do see it in ToolsTemplates and Addins - I just don't have the ability to
remove it from that location. The remove button will not turn on. Not sure
what to do, to be able to get this remove button to work. It's disabled
currently, the Adobe file is the only one in the box, but when I highlight
the adobe file the remove button remains disabled. I tried to delete it from
the folder... but this didn't work, so now I don't know what to do next.

"nofx1728" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

I think we may be miscommunicating here.

If the AddIn is still there then you have not deleted the copy of it that is
running.

I understand that you can't remove it via Templates and AddIns but, in the
Templates and AddIns dialog, you should be able to see the path to the Addin
that is actually being used. You can then go to that location and remove the
file.

--
Enjoy,
Tony