Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slscott

Default formatting text form fields

I have been asked to change the backbround color of the text form fields on a
protected form. I built the form and know the password, but I don't know of
anyway to change the color from gray to "something lighter". The requestor is
our VP and she said it is hard to see the contrast between the field and the
font, but she wants the font to remain black. Any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slscott

I guess I was not very specific about the type of form I am using. It was
made using Word 2002. The form is several tables with text form fields in the
tables. This allows personnel to fill in specific areas with out changing the
design of the form. I have not added any field shading, it is there by
default, when you add a text form field to a table.

"slscott" wrote in message
I have been asked to change the backbround color of the text form fields

on a
protected form. I built the form and know the password, but I don't know

of
anyway to change the color from gray to "something lighter". The requestor

is
our VP and she said it is hard to see the contrast between the field and

the
font, but she wants the font to remain black. Any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slscott

After contemplating Suzanne's reply, I finally figured out how to do what she
had recommended. Thank you very much for the assistance. i Now have a happy
VP.

"slscott" wrote in message
I have been asked to change the backbround color of the text form fields

on a
protected form. I built the form and know the password, but I don't know

of
anyway to change the color from gray to "something lighter". The requestor

is
our VP and she said it is hard to see the contrast between the field and

the
font, but she wants the font to remain black. Any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just as a P.S., you can turn off form field shading using the relevant
button on the Forms toolbar.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Why not just remove the field shading and use Format | Borders and

Shading
to apply a light color of shading to the text or paragraph?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"slscott" wrote in message
I have been asked to change the backbround color of the text form

fields
on a
protected form. I built the form and know the password, but I don't

know
of
anyway to change the color from gray to "something lighter". The

requestor
is
our VP and she said it is hard to see the contrast between the field

and
the
font, but she wants the font to remain black. Any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
msquestions msquestions is offline

But, what if you'd like the default gray field to appear, and then disappear
once text is inserted/typed?