Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn C.

Default Saving a .pdf file as a Word doc

I'm trying to save a job application created as an Adobe .pdf file. It won't
let me edit or fill in the fields. I want to save it as a Word document,
then fill it in using the computer. I have Adobe Reader. Thanks for any
suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's not going to give you the results you think you're going to get but...

How to convert Adobe Acrobat Reader (*.pdf) files to Word 2003

(To do it right, you'd need Acrobat but I'm assuming if you are looking for
a job, you probably aren't going to buy $450+ software just to fill out a
form.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dawn C." Dawn wrote in message
I'm trying to save a job application created as an Adobe .pdf file. It
won't
let me edit or fill in the fields. I want to save it as a Word document,
then fill it in using the computer. I have Adobe Reader. Thanks for any
suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Many employers insist on hand written forms for job applications so that
they can use handwriting analysis. Check the instructions provided. As JoAnn
says there is no easy way to do what you want. PDF files are not intended to
be edited. That's the whole point.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM