Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
documents--need help

Default documents

I am working with 2 versions of my resume, "resume" and "resume1". I kept
saving my changes in resume1 as i went along and now, all of a sudden,
resume1 has reverted back to "resume" version. Where did my document go. I
know I saved it. Did it automatically merge with my other version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It is unlikely that it 'automatically' did anything. Almost certainly you
saved the wrong version over the other. Easily done when working with files
of similar name. I'll bet you don't have Word set to automatically create
backup files also

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm useful in the
future as it will retain all the versions that you save.