Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David

Default User Fields & Index Entries

I hope I'm not being greedy but I have 2 questins I would really like soem
help with
1.
I am writing a manual (using manual.dot - template) and this manual will be
as generic as I can make it. I woulkd like to be able to setup my own user
fields within the document so that when I reprint for xyz I can tailor these
fields. I can't see how to set up my own user fields.??

2.

In creating the index table at back is there a quick way of marking index
entries, eg: find and set index markers for all words ex: david??

I would really appreciate any help.. -- david
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RGF2aWQ=?=,

1.
I am writing a manual (using manual.dot - template) and this manual will be
as generic as I can make it. I woulkd like to be able to setup my own user
fields within the document so that when I reprint for xyz I can tailor these
fields. I can't see how to set up my own user fields.??

Unfortunately, you don't tell us what kinds of things you want these "user
fields" to display. (It would also help to know the version of Word involved)

See if putting the information in custom document properties (File/Properties),
then displaying it with DocProperty fields does what you have in mind? If not,
please describe why not.

2.
In creating the index table at back is there a quick way of marking index
entries, eg: find and set index markers for all words ex: david??

Word supports using a CONCORDANCE file to generate index entries. Look that up
in Word's help. Again, if this doesn't do what you need, please describe why.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)