Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Can I Export custom style bars and buttons

Custom toolbars are saved in normal.dot unless you dictate otherwise. You
can copy them to another template using the organizer Tools macro macros
organizer. If they call macros, you will have to copy the macros also. The

organizer copies by module.

Andy wrote:
Hello,

I would like to export my custom style bars and buttons that I
created on one machine for use by others on another machine.

Is it possible to export custom style bars and/or buttons?
Are the style bars and buttons stored in Normal.dot, or is there
another file with information on the custom style bars?

------------------
Cheers,
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

A toolbar can be stored in a document or template. By default, if you
didn't explicitly select a location when you created the toolbar, it
was saved in normal.dot.

If you want someone else to get access to a certain toolbar, just copy
it to a template and distribute that template.

To move a toolbar between files, use the Organizer. To display the
Organizer: On the Tools menu, click Templates and Add-Ins. Click the
Organizer button.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Andy" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to export my custom style bars and buttons that I

created on
one machine for use by others on another machine.

Is it possible to export custom style bars and/or buttons?
Are the style bars and buttons stored in Normal.dot, or is there

another
file with information on the custom style bars?

------------------
Cheers,
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

Correct, normal.dot does hold this information.

I usually save my .dot as something else (like name.dot).
Then save the original normal.dot as old Normal.dot.
Copy the new one as normal.dot. This ensures that you have not lost the old
as well as having Word open with you new bars.

Best of Luck
DeanH