Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscertified

Default Table of figures out of sync with document

My table of figures is out of sync with the actual figures in my document. My
document has duplicate and out of sequence figure numbers.
The duplicates do not appear in the table.
I've no idea how this happened or why Word allowed it to happen but how do I
fix it. I'm hoping there is an easy way.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the entire document and press F9 to update the figure numbers. Then
update the Table of Figures. Note that this will not work if you are
tracking changes (until you Accept All Changes).

"mscertified" wrote in message
My table of figures is out of sync with the actual figures in my document.

My
document has duplicate and out of sequence figure numbers.
The duplicates do not appear in the table.
I've no idea how this happened or why Word allowed it to happen but how do

fix it. I'm hoping there is an easy way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mscertified

Good try but no cigar.
All that seemed to do was to allow me to update all the fields.
I still have the out of sync situation.
For instance in my document I have figures 1-9 then another figure 7 then
figure 10.
The table of figures is missing the figure 7
Any more ideas?

PS. I am not tracking changes.

-David

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the entire document and press F9 to update the figure numbers. Then
update the Table of Figures. Note that this will not work if you are
tracking changes (until you Accept All Changes).

"mscertified" wrote in message
My table of figures is out of sync with the actual figures in my document.

My
document has duplicate and out of sequence figure numbers.
The duplicates do not appear in the table.
I've no idea how this happened or why Word allowed it to happen but how do

fix it. I'm hoping there is an easy way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you inserted the figure captions using the Insert | Caption command? I
suspect that some of your figure numbers may be part of a different
sequence. Press Alt+F9 and examine the aberrant numbers to see if they have
the same "SEQ Figure" field as the rest.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the entire document and press F9 to update the figure numbers.

Then
update the Table of Figures. Note that this will not work if you are
tracking changes (until you Accept All Changes).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.