Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angie

Default Microsoft Word/Excel 97 slow and unresponsive

I really need some help. Ater having numerous problems with a "new" second
Pentium IV I reloaded my Office 97. The two programs I use mostly are Word
and Excel 97. I am currently running Windows 2000 Professional. Office was
very slow to open, unreponsive and generally useless. So I deleted Office 97
by reloading it and allowed it to remove and then reload the program. It was
then great! Opening quickly and responding normally. It has been fine for
about a week. Today I opened Word to type up a new document and it is
unresponsive again. Anyone got any idea what is wrong. I have two hard
drives. C: has 20 gig and D: has 40. C: has all my programs etc on it. D:
is empty. Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Problems opening Word" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...peningWord.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.