Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
C Monehan

Default Change in print layout

I prepare employment contracts and share the template with my assistant. This
past week they replaced my PC with a new one, and since then all of the
contracts I have worked on from the same template no longer display or print
correctly.

The printer driver did not change. The version of MS Office is 2000 and did
not change. I've downloaded all of the updates. I checked for display of
hidden text. I'm on the same exact thing as my assistant and they work find
for her.

The odd thing is that it only seems to be certain documents. I've tried
everything I can think of. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
C Monehan

The 15 page document becomes a 16 page document. The characters are much
larger than normal even though they show they are set at 20pt Garamond, which
is exactly as they show on my assistants screen.

In some areas the lines are longer so part of the line wraps to the next line.

--
C Monehan

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In what way are they not correct?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"C Monehan" C wrote in message
I prepare employment contracts and share the template with my assistant.
This
past week they replaced my PC with a new one, and since then all of the
contracts I have worked on from the same template no longer display or
print
correctly.

The printer driver did not change. The version of MS Office is 2000 and
did
not change. I've downloaded all of the updates. I checked for display of
hidden text. I'm on the same exact thing as my assistant and they work
find
for her.

The odd thing is that it only seems to be certain documents. I've tried
everything I can think of. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
C Monehan

The problem is RESOLVED!

I realized that it was only happening on specific documents. In particular,
those documents that used a Garamond font.

I compared the font files on my assistants computer to those on mine. I had
3 Garamond fonts that she didn't have. I removed those, and the document view
and print returned to normal.

My conclusion is that somewhere along the way part of the document was set
up or converted to a derivitive of Garamond that was not installed on my old
computer. The new computer was reading the font differently.

Thank you for all of your input. I really appreciate those who help out with
these forums.

--
C Monehan

"C Monehan" C wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Comparison of fonts or font versions was going to be my next suggestion. g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Does the new computer have a different operating system? If so, the

printer
driver *has* changed.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

In what way are they not correct?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my