Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jannm1214

Default cursor at VERY top line of document when open, margin set at 1"

When I open Word from Office 2003 the cursor is at the top line of the first
row instead of the 1" margin, where I have the margins set. If I view header
and footer then close the header and footer, the margin goes to the 1" spot.
How can I change the settings so I don't have to view the header and footer
just to close it again to get to the right typing spot when I open Word?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the "White space
between pages" box | OK.

jannm1214 wrote:

When I open Word from Office 2003 the cursor is at the top line of the first
row instead of the 1" margin, where I have the margins set. If I view header
and footer then close the header and footer, the margin goes to the 1" spot.
How can I change the settings so I don't have to view the header and footer
just to close it again to get to the right typing spot when I open Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jannm1214

Thanks, that was it! Of course after I posted my question I kept searching
for the answer andI figured out how to do it shortly after posting my
question.

double window envelope tpdebronsky Page Layout 5 May 18th 23 08:51 PM
Bullets/numbers will not indent after first line Greg Microsoft Word Help 2 August 9th 05 12:43 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
I can't get a mail merge document to open, I get "the document na. hask104 Mailmerge 0 March 31st 05 01:57 AM
Clicking on *.doc file opens Word but does not open document Ken Ent Microsoft Word Help 0 January 21st 05 09:03 PM