Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo

Default Using an FTP document in a hyperlink.

Hi!

I am trying to create a master document that has hyperlinks to our Unix
box and opens up several config files when a user clicks on them. I
would like it to do this so that as the content of those files change,
my document gets the latest and greatest version.

However, while I have created an FTP link in Windows, and I am able to
get to the files and open them using File Open; when I take that path
and use it for my hyperlink, Word says it cannot find the file. The
same happens if I drill down to the config file by browsing while
creating the hyperlink.

Help! I don't understand why the path is fine when I File Open to it,
but not when I hyperlink to it.

Thanks!

Jim