Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
roodis

Default continuing columns in word 2002

im a teen in high school trying to do a newspaper based project. i got the
"herald" heading and i started the 2 columns uder it. now my problem is that
i want one story on the left to continue on the left even until the next
page, but its dividing the story amongst the 2 columns evenly. i read about
the continuous page break but dont know how to undo it. i would also like to
throw a question in here while am at it. after i get the two colomns how i
want them, will it be possible to juss cut them off half way down the page
agen and have something in the normal layout again? thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

You will likely be better off (so you can "see what's going on) if you start
with a two-column layout, and then put your banner on that page inside of a
textbox. BUT...perhaps you should turn your show/hide button on so that you
can see the section break that's making your columns "shorter" than you want
them. Turn show/hide on:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
Also, if you want one story on the left and one on the right, just keep
typing your second story and your "short" columns should grow longer...

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"roodis" wrote in message
im a teen in high school trying to do a newspaper based project. i got the
"herald" heading and i started the 2 columns uder it. now my problem is
that
i want one story on the left to continue on the left even until the next
page, but its dividing the story amongst the 2 columns evenly. i read
about
the continuous page break but dont know how to undo it. i would also like
throw a question in here while am at it. after i get the two colomns how i
want them, will it be possible to juss cut them off half way down the page
agen and have something in the normal layout again? thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
roodis

first of all i want to thank you for helping me so quick, i wasnt expecting
that. Now i hit the show/hide button, and it's all clear to me but, i just
want to get rid of that continuous break that is there. as for typing until
it's all there, yeah i realized that a while ago. but what i need is the
"herald" heading, the 2 columns in the middle of the page, and then cut that
off n put a table of contents at the bottom. kind of like a regular
newspaper, i want to continue the rest of the story on another page.
continuing my story will get on one side but then i wont have space for my
table of contents. i really hope you can help, thanks again for before, and
in advance.

"roodis" wrote in message
im a teen in high school trying to do a newspaper based project. i got the
"herald" heading and i started the 2 columns uder it. now my problem is
that
i want one story on the left to continue on the left even until the next
page, but its dividing the story amongst the 2 columns evenly. i read
about
the continuous page break but dont know how to undo it. i would also like
throw a question in here while am at it. after i get the two colomns how i
want them, will it be possible to juss cut them off half way down the page
agen and have something in the normal layout again? thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For the sort of thing you're doing, you'd probably be better off in
Publisher, but if you need to continue one column to the next page, you need
to use text boxes. See the "newsletter" templates that ship with Word or can
be downloaded from the Office Template Gallery at
http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx?

"roodis" wrote in message
im a teen in high school trying to do a newspaper based project. i got

the
"herald" heading and i started the 2 columns uder it. now my problem

is
that
i want one story on the left to continue on the left even until the

next
page, but its dividing the story amongst the 2 columns evenly. i read
about
the continuous page break but dont know how to undo it. i would also

like
throw a question in here while am at it. after i get the two colomns

how i
want them, will it be possible to juss cut them off half way down the

page
agen and have something in the normal layout again? thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

Hi, roodis. If you hadn't already started, I would have said:
Create a document with a two-column layout. Place your Herald into a textbox
and place it across the two columns. That way, you don't need the section
breaks and they won't weird you out. Also, when I work with columns, I like
to hit Tools--Options--View tab and choose "Text Boundaries".