Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swami

Default Nudge Rotate

Is there any way to nudge-rotate an inserted pic. Not nudge
up/down/left/right but nudge AROUND. Some of my scanned pics are 1-2 deg
off level and the Word 2002 Free Rotate feature seems only to move them +/-
5 deg via
mouse rotation control. I've got grid switched OFF, even tried grid set to
the minimum - but no luck. Why don't I just re-scan them with the page
turned 1 deg more? Good question, and I've tried that. The scan and OCR
program (ScanSoftSE) has some bizarre auto straightening "feature" (read
bug) which is setting them all 1-2 degrees off level no matter how I set the
page on the platen. Grrr and ?!?!!?.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Open the scanned image in Photo Editor, click on Image | Rotate,
rotate by any degree increment you wish, save, and then insert
the image into Word.

Swami wrote:

Is there any way to nudge-rotate an inserted pic. Not nudge
up/down/left/right but nudge AROUND. Some of my scanned pics are 1-2 deg
off level and the Word 2002 Free Rotate feature seems only to move them +/-
5 deg via
mouse rotation control. I've got grid switched OFF, even tried grid set to
the minimum - but no luck. Why don't I just re-scan them with the page
turned 1 deg more? Good question, and I've tried that. The scan and OCR
program (ScanSoftSE) has some bizarre auto straightening "feature" (read
bug) which is setting them all 1-2 degrees off level no matter how I set the
page on the platen. Grrr and ?!?!!?.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Swami

Ah Thank you. Suzanne Well I never knew that was there....!
Although, a shame it doesn't do 0.5 degrees, as that would fine tune my pics
even better!
I figured out the rotate handle works in minimum 3 deg lots.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you open the Format Picture dialog, on the Size tab the rotation can be
adjusted in 1-degree increments.

so
all may benefit.