Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Default It should be possible to insert more than one index in the same do

I have nothing to add to the subject: it should be possible to insert more
than one index in the same document.

Good suggestion?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

No need for your suggestion. You can have as many indexes as you
want in a Word document. You just need to add a \f switch to
your XE and INDEX fields to specify which index entries go into
which index.

Cooz wrote:

I have nothing to add to the subject: it should be possible to insert more
than one index in the same document.

Good suggestion?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP

Hi Cooz

It took me ages to figure this out but I got it working after trial and
error. I needed it for my record libray.

Artist {XE "Artist - Title"} {XE "Artist - Title" \f "bpm" \t "100"}

Then the first index { INDEX \h "-- A --" \c "3" \z "2057" \e " "}

Then the second index { INDEX \h "-- A --" \c "3" \z "2057" \e " " \f "bpm"}

Hope this helps.

Ian