Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
adk

Default How to search a Word document to find duplicating use of a word?

How to search a Word document to find duplicating use of a word? For
example, if I have used the word " accomplished" too many times in a
document, I sometimes don't see that myself when reviewing a draft. Perhaps
there is a way to have an editing function spot overuse or frequent-use of a
word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi adk,

If you only want to know how many times you have used a word, this is a good
one:

Choose Edit | Replace...
Type the word you want to search in both the 'Find what:' and 'Replace
with:' boxes.
Click Replace all.
A message box appears stating how many replacements were made (is of course
how many times the word appears in the document).

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".