Yorkshire Bob

Default Tables corrupting since installing Word 2003.

Since installing Word 2003 I am difficulty with tables. When loading the file
I get a warning saying that the table is corrupted. It causes a lot of
hassle. Any ideas what's wrong?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?WW9ya3NoaXJlIEJvYg==?=,

Since installing Word 2003 I am difficulty with tables. When loading the file
I get a warning saying that the table is corrupted. It causes a lot of
hassle. Any ideas what's wrong?

My first thought would be a damaged Normal.dot template. If you rename your
current Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot, then start up Word, does the problem
disappear in NEW documents?

For existing documents with the problem, if you can open them successfully, ttry
round-tripping through XML format:
- Open the document
- Use "Save As" to save to XML file format
- close the document
- Open it again and save as a document

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Yorkshire Bob

Thank you very much for your help

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?WW9ya3NoaXJlIEJvYg==?=,

Since installing Word 2003 I am difficulty with tables. When loading the file
I get a warning saying that the table is corrupted. It causes a lot of
hassle. Any ideas what's wrong?

My first thought would be a damaged Normal.dot template. If you rename your
current Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot, then start up Word, does the problem
disappear in NEW documents?

For existing documents with the problem, if you can open them successfully, ttry
round-tripping through XML format:
- Open the document
- Use "Save As" to save to XML file format
- close the document
- Open it again and save as a document

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

word xp crashes after macros are recorded kharris0405 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 11th 05 11:50 PM
WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
Merging tables in Word 2003 JoanN Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 07:35 PM
Is there a way to "join" tables in Word 2003? Julian Turner Tables 3 October 28th 04 06:51 PM