JC Home

Default Creating an interactive worksheet

Hi all,

I would like to create an interactive math worksheet for my students in Word
rather than Excel if it is easy to do. I would like them to be able to
change the inputs and have an answer sheet that uses their inputs and a
formula to generate the answer. Can somebody please tell me if this is easy
to do in Word or am I better off just going with Excel?

Thanks in advance!
--
Jeff Ciaccio
Dallas, GA

macropod

Hi Jeff,

Use Excel! Word's formula fields don't work interactively the way they do in
Excel, unless you protect the document for forms (but then you can't really
enter your own formulae in any practical way) and Word's function set is
much smaller than Excel. For example, Word's formula fields lack string
handling, log and trig functions.

Having said that, for a 'tutorial' with examples of what can be done with
Word's formula fields, download the Word document at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
(url all one line)

Cheers

"JC Home" wrote in message
Hi all,

I would like to create an interactive math worksheet for my students in

Word
rather than Excel if it is easy to do. I would like them to be able to
change the inputs and have an answer sheet that uses their inputs and a
formula to generate the answer. Can somebody please tell me if this is

easy
to do in Word or am I better off just going with Excel?

Thanks in advance!
--
Jeff Ciaccio
Dallas, GA