John Maulding

Default Can Not Update My TOC

Please Help...if you can?

I have a Word Doc (Word 2003) Win XP that I have been working on the
over three years. I just made an update (or added a small section) and I
can't get the TOC to pick it up. I even moved the headings in the outline
view back and forth to make sure they were being picked up propperly.

If I delete the entire TOC and insert a new one, I get no TOC but I do get

Error! No table of contents entries found.

Any ideas?

John Maulding

Are your headings in the built-in heading styles? Or, if you have used
custom heading styles, have you assigned an outline level? If not, you'll
have to go to the TOC Options to select the styles you want included and
assign an outline level.