Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Genesis

Default How do I remove symbols showing formatting from word?

I was happily typing away when suddenly word has started putting all these
extremely annoying auto synmbols showing formatting all through all my
documents. I hate it. Please tell me how to remove them. I have looked in
help and as usualy it is useless.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Genesis,

Hmm... "auto synmbols showing formatting"... you do not mean that you have
to depress the 'inverted P'-button to the right of your Standard toolbar, do
you?

I can't imagine what kind of symbols those would be otherwise.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Genesis" wrote:

I was happily typing away when suddenly word has started putting all these
extremely annoying auto synmbols showing formatting all through all my
documents. I hate it. Please tell me how to remove them. I have looked in
help and as usualy it is useless.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

It sounds as if you are seeing non-printing characters. If that is the case
you can click the pilcow (paragraph symbol) on your toolbar or you can go to
Tools | Options | View and under Formatting Marks deselect them. I hope this
has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Genesis" wrote:

I was happily typing away when suddenly word has started putting all these
extremely annoying auto synmbols showing formatting all through all my
documents. I hate it. Please tell me how to remove them. I have looked in
help and as usualy it is useless.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne

I have the same problem but when I press the pilcow on the tool bar it just
adds the dots between words indicating a space and does not take away the
'enter' symbol. Therefore switching between having them and not having them
but the pilcow remains. Then yesterday I got little square appearing in a
document I had coppied and pasted from Access to word - into a table and I
can't see how to get rid of them either. They are like a degree symbol but
square.
Anne