Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim

Default doc ID + extension

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but I can't figure out why some
computers have the .doc after the document filename and others do not.
Please tell me it's a simple setting I'm missing? Using Office 2003, Windows
XP

Maybe it's a windows setting instead? I've already tried removing or adding
the check mark in My Computer, Tools, Options, hide file extensions.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Itis a simple setting and you were thinking along the right lines. From
Windows Explorer Tools Folder Options View uncheck 'Hide extensions
for known file types' (It is best to have them displayed).

Kim wrote:
I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but I can't figure out why
some computers have the .doc after the document filename and others
do not. Please tell me it's a simple setting I'm missing? Using
Office 2003, Windows XP

Maybe it's a windows setting instead? I've already tried removing or
adding the check mark in My Computer, Tools, Options, hide file
extensions.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim

Unfortunately that is what I did. I removed the checkmark, no change, I put
the checkmark back and still no change. Either way I get the .doc extention
showing up. I personally do not mind this, but I have an attorney that hates
it. You know how it goes. I'm wondering if it has something to do with our
DMS. I'm going to look into that, but if you could think of anything else,
I'd appreciate it.

Much thanks.