Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim K

Default Combobox, listbox, something!

I created a drop down box for my staff, they have decided that they want to
be able to select multiple choices fromthe drop down box, is there a way to
modify my current form in word to accomodate this request, or do I need to do
it in Excel with a listbox? If so if someone can give me directions either
way so I can complete this I would be very grateful!
--
Thanks,,
Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?S2ltIEs=?=,

I created a drop down box for my staff, they have decided that they want to
be able to select multiple choices fromthe drop down box, is there a way to
modify my current form in word to accomodate this request, or do I need to do
it in Excel with a listbox?

If you're talking about a dropdown FORM field, from the Forms toolbar, no, you
can't do it with that.

You could do it with a dropdown or list from the CONTROLS toolbox, but this
would require macros. (I don't know if Excel would require (similar) macros, as
well?)

Another possible approach in Word is to use a text box instead of a dropdown.
Assign a macro to the On Enter property. the macro would display a UserForm with
the list and take care of inserting the information after the user "OKs" the
UserForm.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org