Robert Judge

Default Cannot get row to repeat

I cannot get my WORD 2002 table to repeat a row on each printed page. I have
followed the Help instructions, but WORD will only print the first row on the
first page. I cannot get it to print that first row on each subsequent
printed page. I will appreciate advice.

Heading rows can be repeated on every page under the following conditions:

1. The row(s) to be repeated must be contiguous and at the top of the table.
That is, you can repeat row 1 or rows 1 and 2 but not, say, rows 1 and 3, or
just row 2. If you have a table caption in row 1, then you cannot repeat the
headings in row 2 unless you also repeat row 1.

2. You must select the row(s) to be repeated and check Heading Rows Repeat
on the Table menu.

3. You can view the repeated heading rows only in Print Layout view or Print
Preview, not in Normal or Web Layout view.

4. If the table is split (by a manual page break, for example), the heading
rows will not repeat; you can get around this by formatting a row as "Page
break before," which does not split the table.