StaceyStatistics

Default How do I protect cells from being typed over?

I'm creating a template (form) to enter information - and would like to be
able to tab over the cells that I won't be typing in--so I go directly to the
space that needs the information entered. I would like the cells with text
on the original template to be protected so they can't be typed over. I've
created the template in Word, Microsoft Office edition 2003 (teacher student
version)

What you are describing is a protected form. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"StaceyStatistics" wrote in
message ...