Sean S.

Default vertical text alignment in a table

I am unable to align text vertically in a table cell. I have removed all
other formatting (tab stops, indents, etc.), but the text will only align
horizontally.
Jean-Guy Marcil

Sean S. was telling us:
Sean S. nous racontait que :

I am unable to align text vertically in a table cell. I have removed
all other formatting (tab stops, indents, etc.), but the text will
only align horizontally.

View Toolbars... Tables and Borders.
On that toolbar are buttons (or button, depending on you Word version which,
BTW, you have not mentioned) to control the vertical alignment.
In later version it is also part of the Cell tab in the Table property
dialog.
--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Sean S.

I am using Word 2003. I have tried aligning the selected text using "Cell
Alignment" on the shortcut menu and "Vertical Alignment" on the "Cell" tab in
the Table Properties dialog box.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

Sean S. was telling us:
Sean S. nous racontait que :

I am unable to align text vertically in a table cell. I have removed
all other formatting (tab stops, indents, etc.), but the text will
only align horizontally.

View Toolbars... Tables and Borders.
On that toolbar are buttons (or button, depending on you Word version which,
BTW, you have not mentioned) to control the vertical alignment.
In later version it is also part of the Cell tab in the Table property
dialog.
--
Salut!
_______________________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

Sean S.

Genine's post on 9/16/2004 cleared things up for me. I was ignorant of the
fact that line spacing was one of those paragraph fomatting items that will
affect table formatting.

Thanks Genine.
Jean-Guy Marcil

Sean S. was telling us:
Sean S. nous racontait que :

Genine's post on 9/16/2004 cleared things up for me. I was ignorant
of the fact that line spacing was one of those paragraph fomatting
items that will affect table formatting.

I thought you had written that you had removed all type of formatting?
Almost anything that has an impact on vertical spacing (Line spacing, space
before, space after, increase/decrease line position, etc.) will have an
impact on vertical alignment.
The same goes with Horizontal alignment.

--
Salut!

How do I tie Table Numbers to references in the text? Tim Tables 4 May 6th 23 08:49 PM
Resources for Long Document Management Jason Langkamer-Smith Microsoft Word Help 9 January 17th 05 08:17 PM
Any way to link text with Figure or Table number? Richard Stanford Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 02:32 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Can I change the vertical alignment of text in a text box? Fien Page Layout 2 November 25th 04 03:47 PM