Bradley C. Hammerstrom

Default Count below not including blank cells

W2000

A small table repeated many times in the document (i.e. copy and paste-able)
lists addresses in two columns.

The number of addresses in one column will always be less than the other,
leaving some number of blank cells.

I want a Count formula in both column headers. I'm using:
= Count(Below)
but this is also counting the blank cells at the bottom of the shorter
column.

Q: How can I count the items in the column below without including blank
cells?

PS. I cannot use a stated range, like = Count(a2,a9) because the table needs
to be easily duplicated without editing the formulas in the column headers.

Brad H.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Bradley,

Q: How can I count the items in the column below without including blank
cells?

Word doesn't provide any functionality for this. theoretically, you could
embed Excel tables and use the CountA function in them. Other than that,
you'd need a macro...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org