Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Default Form filling

I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I need to input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Your browser probably has such settings. It isn't a Word problem unless you
are using a Word document, though.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"shakey" wrote in message
I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I need to
input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or
anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Thanks for reply but I do not think you understood,or I badly phrased
question. I want to go to the web site a few times a day and paste in the
blocks. That is not a browser issue. I was hoping Word could let me generate
a form,template,whatever that could do this. I tried cut and paste below
from word but it did not work.
example:
doe (tab) John (tab) house address (tab)
It put it all in first entry. I need it to advance to the next entry in the
form on each tab.
Shakey

"shakey" wrote in message
I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I need to
input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or
anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

My browser collects information that I put into web forms so that I am
prompted with it the next time I start typing in a web form, much like
AutoText does in Word.
--

"shakey" wrote in message
I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I need to
input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or
anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

SO- How about some help like where is information on that. I have been using
IE for years and haven't run across it.
SHAKEY
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Internet Explorer, for one.

so
all may benefit.

"shakey" wrote in message
I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I need
input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or
anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

It is probably one of the options. I use Mozilla (Netscape). I don't know
what the setting is, just that it works that way.
--

"shakey" wrote in message
I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I need
input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or
anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Susan- Sorry if I came off badly. I just realized you probably meant the
auto complete feature but I was hoping for more.
Shakey

"shakey" wrote in message
I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I need
input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or
anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, it seemed to me that AutoComplete was what Charles was describing.

"shakey" wrote in message
SO- How about some help like where is information on that. I have been
using IE for years and haven't run across it.
SHAKEY
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Internet Explorer, for one.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"shakey" wrote in message
[...]

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version

of

"shakey" wrote in message
I have this site that I often visit that opens to a form and I

need
input
First name---------------tab
Second name--------------tab
etc
etc
before I can enter my new information.
Is there a way to set up these reoccurring entries using word "or
anything"
Thank you
shakey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Iceman

In this group shakey wrote in message

SO- How about some help like where is information on that. I have
been using IE for years and haven't run across it.

You may want to have a look he

"How to use the AutoComplete feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=217148