Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hstijnen

Default How to cross-reference figure label in textbox?

Hi,

When I have some labled figures in my document, I can add a cross-reference
to those figures with Insert | CrossReference, which gives a list of
available figure labels.

HOWEVER, when I have some lables in textboxes, as is the case with figures
not in-line-with-text, the lables don't appear in the list. How can I insert
cross references in this case?

Thanks for help and regards,
Henk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Place the figure in line with text, and put the caption in the
following (or previous) paragraph. Then select the figure and its
caption and, on the Forms toolbar, click the Insert Frame button. Word
puts the figure and the caption in a frame. You can position the frame
as desired, but its contents will still be accessible for the purposes
of cross-referencing, TOC/TOF creation, etc.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hstijnen" wrote in message
Hi,

When I have some labled figures in my document, I can add a

cross-reference
to those figures with Insert | CrossReference, which gives a list of
available figure labels.

HOWEVER, when I have some lables in textboxes, as is the case with

figures
not in-line-with-text, the lables don't appear in the list. How can

I insert
cross references in this case?

Thanks for help and regards,
Henk

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you insert the figure, choose the In Line With Text wrapping style.
When you click on the figure, you should get the Picture toolbar. Click on
the Text Wrapping button (dog icon) and choose In Line With Text. For more,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

In Word 2000, all graphics will be inserted inline by default. In Word 2002
and 2003, you can choose the default wrapping style on the Edit tab of Tools
Options.