Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cal

Default e Newsletter help

I have been using a Word template to set up an e-newsletter and its
giving me troubles. First, the body of the template is supposed to be
white but when I emailed it to my home address it came out blue.
Second, the pictures I have added show up in the newsletter but also as
files in the attachments, can I get rid of that? Third, a couple of the
pictures I have added have been moved when I receive the newsletter. I
am using Outlook Express to open this at home. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You can only control so much. If you send it to me and I'm set for text
only, your entire newsletter format is shot full of holes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Cal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using a Word template to set up an e-newsletter and its
giving me troubles. First, the body of the template is supposed to be
white but when I emailed it to my home address it came out blue.
Second, the pictures I have added show up in the newsletter but also as
files in the attachments, can I get rid of that? Third, a couple of the
pictures I have added have been moved when I receive the newsletter. I
am using Outlook Express to open this at home. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cal

So what should I do? Use a different program to make my e newsletter?
I really like the way mine looks and hope that I could set it up just
like I have it now in another program.
Thanks for your reply.
Cal

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
You can only control so much. If you send it to me and I'm set for text
only, your entire newsletter format is shot full of holes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Cal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using a Word template to set up an e-newsletter and its
giving me troubles. First, the body of the template is supposed to be
white but when I emailed it to my home address it came out blue.
Second, the pictures I have added show up in the newsletter but also as
files in the attachments, can I get rid of that? Third, a couple of the
pictures I have added have been moved when I receive the newsletter. I
am using Outlook Express to open this at home. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kathryn Groves

Consider printing your document in a more universal format... such as PDF. People will not be able
to edit it -- but anyone with a pdf reader (like adobe reader... free) can view it the way you
designed it.

Kathy G.

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
You can only control so much. If you send it to me and I'm set for text
only, your entire newsletter format is shot full of holes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Cal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using a Word template to set up an e-newsletter and its
giving me troubles. First, the body of the template is supposed to be
white but when I emailed it to my home address it came out blue.
Second, the pictures I have added show up in the newsletter but also as
files in the attachments, can I get rid of that? Third, a couple of the
pictures I have added have been moved when I receive the newsletter. I
am using Outlook Express to open this at home. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Like I said - if someone has their email set for text only, you can't do
anything about that. We usually recommend .pdf files as an attachment. If
the recipient doesn't want to read it, they can always hit that delete key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
You can only control so much. If you send it to me and I'm set for text
only, your entire newsletter format is shot full of holes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Cal" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using a Word template to set up an e-newsletter and its
giving me troubles. First, the body of the template is supposed to be
white but when I emailed it to my home address it came out blue.
Second, the pictures I have added show up in the newsletter but also as
files in the attachments, can I get rid of that? Third, a couple of the
pictures I have added have been moved when I receive the newsletter. I
am using Outlook Express to open this at home. Any help would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Your mistake is in trying to send html format e-mails, which will be wasted
effort as many people discard the html information routinely. My
recommendation would be to send your newsletter as a PDF attachment. There
are free programs that will produce PDF from Word documents, but I would
recommend SnagIt8 www.techsmith.com which I use to create the graphics on my
web site. This will produce PDF output (and just about any other graphics
format) from Word or any other Windows application. There is a demo
available.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
You can only control so much. If you send it to me and I'm set for
text only, your entire newsletter format is shot full of holes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...