treetree40

Default can you disable the insert new row with tab key feature?

I am creating a form using a table where there are multiple sections (some
protected, others not). When I tab out of a cell in a non-protected area
where there is a protected are following it, Word inserts a new row rather
than moving to the next unprotected cell.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dHJlZXRyZWU0MA==?=,

I am creating a form using a table where there are multiple sections (some
protected, others not). When I tab out of a cell in a non-protected area
where there is a protected are following it, Word inserts a new row rather
than moving to the next unprotected cell.

You can create a macro named NextCell that checks where you are in the table
(last row/last column) and takes the required action. Here's an example

Sub NextCell()
Dim tbl As Word.Table
Dim cel As Word.Cell
Dim rng As Word.Range

Set tbl = Selection.Tables(1)
Set cel = Selection.Cells(1)
Set rng = ActiveDocument.Sections( _
tbl.Range.Sections.Item(1).Index + 1).Range
If cel.RowIndex = tbl.Rows.Count And _
cel.ColumnIndex = tbl.Columns.Count Then
rng.FormFields(1).Select
Else
cel.Next.Select
End If
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

No "symbols" line under "Insert" in Microsoft Word 2002 Lee McKnight Microsoft Word Help 6 September 6th 06 04:27 AM
How do I disable the Compare and Merge Documents feature in Word . maynard Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 05 08:55 PM
Insert key bbrock Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 02:58 PM
Turning off Outline Feature Sharon Tables 1 December 12th 04 07:16 AM
The Insert Key cjkoeb Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 04 01:25 AM