Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MMMCGAngle

Default EULA

I have a Dell computer that I got in 2003 that had Word loaded onto it and I
have been using Word ever since then. Recently, I opened Word and rec'd a
pop-up with an End User License Agreement that said I had to accept it or the
program would close. I was reluctant to accept the terms as I couldn't
understand how all of a sudden I was getting a EULA when I had been using the
program forever. The only thing I have done recently was some recent
Microsoft Security Updates - that was about 2 weeks ago. And then this
weekend I loaded a Games CD (from COSMI) and then promptly uninstalled it b/c
I didn't like it. Could a EULA hid a virus or anything damaging? Why have I
suddenly received this EULA??? What happened?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi

I don't think there's any simple way to tell what the EULA was, or what
caused it. Do you remember what product it related to? It is possible that
an update could require assent to a new EULA, although I don't recall one
recently.

I suppose it's also possible that the games CD had some kind of Word add-in
that required a EULA, but that seems unlikely to me.

It seems unlikely to me that a virus might be behind this, but I'm no
security expert. It can't hurt to run a full scan on your machine using your
anti virus software. If you have anti-spyware, run a fall scan. If you
don't, get some! If you're not sure about what to do, go to
http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

eula page arpeed Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 06 12:29 AM
Keeps asking to EULA ea. time I open Applications? EULA New Users 2 January 18th 06 12:10 AM
How can I display my EULA for Office after reinstalling harddrive. dirrane Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:15 AM