Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Diane D.

Default downloading templates

After downloading a purchase order template, I made changes and was able to
save it as a document, but when I open word on the right hand side of the
page where documents and templates are listed, the template is listed but I
cannot access it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier

What is the error code you receive? If click on the template, you
mean you can't create a new document based on it? Or, are you trying
to open the template to make further changes? If the second, then use
the File menu to locate where you have stored the template.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Diane D." Diane wrote in message
After downloading a purchase order template, I made changes and was
able to
save it as a document, but when I open word on the right hand side
of the
page where documents and templates are listed, the template is
listed but I
cannot access it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The problem could well be that the downloaded template is saved to a temp
folder (which is the default), and so, possibly, was any document based on
it if the OP didn't explicitly choose a different location. Once Word is
restarted, these files are gone (but still appear on the File menu and in
the task pane).

"Dawn Crosier" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Try downloading again. This time, use the File Save As command to save it
as a template, not a document (in the document type window). This
automatically moves you to your user templates folder to save it. See if
this helps.
--
For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.