Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jacqui

Default Copy files being created

I wonder if anyone can help me with this baffling problem. What's
happening is - a secretary creates and saves a document. She then
sends an e-mail to someone telling them the name of the document (no
link just text showing the filename and path), that person then opens
up that document, makes changes, and saves. What seems to be happening
in some cases is that a 'copy of' the original document is being
created. I am assured that the sec has closed the document down and
that the docs are not read only. I completely baffled as to why it's
happening and hopefully someone can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Have each user view their file option by clicking TOOLS in the menu and
selecting options. Click the SAVE tab and if the ALWAYS CREATE A BACKUP COPY
check box is on, have them turn it off.
--
Kevin Backmann