LarryMcIntyre

Default How do I marry text in 2 separate columns?

I have exhausted my research trying to figure this out. Maybe one of you more
experienced users can help. I have a document in landscape with 2 (table)
columns. I want to marry text in the left column to text in the right. The
text in the left is an outline and the text in the right is more detailed
content. So I want to tag the keypoints in the left to the content on the
right so that when a carriage return is enter on the left side, the content
on the right will move down also.

Thanks

Larry
Charles Kenyon

People usually use separate table rows to accomplish this. Am I missing
something?
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"LarryMcIntyre" wrote in message
I have exhausted my research trying to figure this out. Maybe one of you
more
experienced users can help. I have a document in landscape with 2 (table)
columns. I want to marry text in the left column to text in the right.
The
text in the left is an outline and the text in the right is more detailed
content. So I want to tag the keypoints in the left to the content on the
right so that when a carriage return is enter on the left side, the
content
on the right will move down also.

Thanks

Larry

Charles Kenyon

Then the only thing I can think of is to manually insert paragraphs in one
column to match up with the other. I would suggest, instead, using the
separate rows in Word and converting your table to text to export to your
authoring system.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

help, problem with text field in word 2003 Salvatore Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 03:40 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
How to create multiple pages with newpaper columns DBodell Page Layout 3 January 4th 05 07:35 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Two columns of text Ike Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 03:55 AM