MarionLM

Default Creating a Recipe Template and/or Form

I have a recipe book with pages on which you can write out your own recipes.
I want to create a template so that I can have my recipes in word docs, but
print them out on these pages. Mostly, the page has lines for writing on,
but some of the lines have prompts such as "Recipe", "ingredients",
"instructions" which vary in length changing the amount of space left to
write in on that line.

I have been doing some reading and looking at other templates, but I'm still
a bit confused.

I think I want to use a table, but some lines will not start at the same
place. I don't want to pur the prompts in my template, because they are
already on the page, but I need to leave a blank space so that I don't print
over them. But, when typing in the recipe, I want to know what to type
where. It sounds alot like a form in Access.

Please, give me some direction.

Marion

A protected form set up in a table might be the way to go provided you don't
need any of the Word features that are disabled in protected forms (if you
need more info on protected forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to). There is an
option on the Print tab of Tools | Options to "Print data only for forms,"
which should allow you to print just the content of the form fields and not
the "prompts" you input as plain text.

"MarionLM" wrote in message
[...]

You don't have to use a table to use form fields, but using a (borderless)
table (with rows set to exact heights) is an easy way to keep form fields
where they belong.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

A protected form set up in a table might be the way to go provided you

don't
need any of the Word features that are disabled in protected forms (if

you
need more info on protected forms, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and

especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to). There

is an
option on the Print tab of Tools | Options to "Print data only for

forms,"
which should allow you to print just the content of the form fields and

not
the "prompts" you input as plain text.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.