Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gemsb

Default Where can I get some help on improving my typing speed?

Is there any training online on how I can improve my typing speed as I feel
that the Microsoft training on line really helps. I would appreciate any
info, thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi gemsb

Four suggestions, most of them serious:

1. Get a copy of a book you would like to read. Don't look at the keyboard.
Turn off the screen. Start typing. This will teach you how to type large
slabs of text.

2. There are any number of very short "tests" available on the internet.
Search in Google for typing test or similar. This will teach you how to type
very short sentences, or teach you how to type the same thing over and over
again. Not much use in my view.

3. Give up learning how to type faster and learn how to format the text
faster. See http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...s/column14.asp
as a good start.

4. Give up learning how to type faster and learn how to organize your
thoughts and compose your text faster (so you don't have to re-type so
much). Outline view is good for that. See
How to save yourself hours by using Outline View properly
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...singOLView.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"gemsb" wrote in message
Is there any training online on how I can improve my typing speed as I
feel
that the Microsoft training on line really helps. I would appreciate any
info, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Das Keyboard
http://www.daskeyboard.com/

They say you'll type 100% faster in a few weeks. I'd be 100% grey.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gemsb" wrote in message
Is there any training online on how I can improve my typing speed as I
feel
that the Microsoft training on line really helps. I would appreciate any
info, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

You *are* 100 per cent grey :-)

On 31/3/06 11:07 AM, in article ,
"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Das Keyboard
http://www.daskeyboard.com/

They say you'll type 100% faster in a few weeks. I'd be 100% grey.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410