Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tara Keane

Default add marquee picture in email

I want to include a picture in an email and have it scroll across the screen.
Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hello Tara

Tara Keane wrote:
I want to include a picture in an email and have it scroll across the screen.
Is this possible?

Not without predefined knowledge about the receiver's mailtool and
settings. For instance, if I view your email in text-only mode, any
picture (moving or not :-)) you send to me would end up as an attachment.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tara Keane

Hi Robert
Thanks for getting back to me but assuming all was well and it would work on
the receiving end how would I do it?
PS What's your campaign all about?...

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Tara

Tara Keane wrote:
I want to include a picture in an email and have it scroll across the screen.
Is this possible?

Not without predefined knowledge about the receiver's mailtool and
settings. For instance, if I view your email in text-only mode, any
picture (moving or not :-)) you send to me would end up as an attachment.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Tara Keane wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me but assuming all was well and it would work on
the receiving end how would I do it?

Well, then you simply need to have such a "moving" graphic (like, say,
an animated GIF file). I have never made one of those myself, and it is
certainly no task for Word. You might want to ask first in a forum for
your email client, and if they say it's OK, then look up (in the search
engine of your choice) what software you need to create these.

PS What's your campaign all about?...

Nowadays, mainly nostalgia I guess ... ;-)

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS