Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mfasy

Default How do you paste a web article including pictures into Word 2000

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word 2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do to correct it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

If I am pasting the content into Word, I copy and then use Edit | Paste |
Paste Special | Unformatted Text. Then for the photograph, I usually
right-click on it and select Save Picture As and then once it is saved, I
insert it into my document. I hope this is helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word 2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mfasy

Default How do you paste a web article including pictures into Word 20

Thank you Carol. I know I can do it that way but I have always been able to
selecct the whole page and either CTRL V or choose EditPaste and have the
whole thing including the pictures pasted in . Pasting in one pic at a time
is too time consuming and not what I want to do.

I do appreciate your reply. Thanks again,
mafasy

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word 2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

I just copied this entire page and went to Word and pasted and got all the
text and all the graphics. CTRL + A, | CTRL + C | CTRL + V and everthing
pasted fine, so perhaps it's a setting that has been changed on your machine.

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/...leGraphics.htm

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word 2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do to correct it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

The data on the clipboard is "not" HTML

Word will paste HTML by default if it is available. So either the browser
you are using or the web page you are looking at is not producing HTML.

On 31/3/06 4:01 AM, in article
, "mfasy"

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word 2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do to correct
it?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mfasy

That is very strange as it doesn't work for any web page when it did before.
I have used it with IE and Firefox in the past. I believe something else is
the problem.
Thanks for your reply.

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word 2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do to correct
it?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think this may have been changed by an SP as a security measure.

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word

2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do to

correct
it?

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not

email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Service Pack.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think this may have been changed by an SP as a security measure.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word

2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do

correct
it?

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not

email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical

Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mfasy

Thanks. I hope they will fix it in the next one!
PS: How are things in Alabama? I was born in Birmingham.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Service Pack.

news

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into Word
2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I do

correct
it?

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not
email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical

Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Things are hotting up in this part of Alabama. High of 80 yesterday.

"mfasy" wrote in message
Thanks. I hope they will fix it in the next one!
PS: How are things in Alabama? I was born in Birmingham.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Service Pack.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into

Word
2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I

do
correct
it?

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do

not
email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant

Technical
Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mfasy

Enjoy the heat! We went on a little trip yesterday and got snowed on in the
mountains. It is still winter here in Oregon.

"mfasy" wrote in message
Thanks. I hope they will fix it in the next one!
PS: How are things in Alabama? I was born in Birmingham.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Service Pack.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"mfasy" wrote in message
news Thank you Suzanne. What is an SP?

"mfasy" wrote:

I have always been able to copy and paste from the web into

Word
2000. Now
when I try, I get text only. What has happened? What can I

do
correct
it?

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do

not
email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant

Technical
Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Supposedly a cold wave is on the way. It's supposed to bring rain, which we
need (we had record drought in March).

"mfasy" wrote in message
Thanks. I hope they will fix it in the next one!
PS: How are things in Alabama? I was born in Birmingham.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Service Pack.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.