Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MeWivFree

Default Can I calculate "date + number of days" in a Word template?

On our invoice template we have an invoice date box and a payment due date
box.

The invoice date is filled using a date field, and as our payment terms are
30 days from the date of the invoice it would be handy if the payment due
date box could be automatically calculated and filled in some way.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks...

Ali
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MeWivFree

Default NEVER MIND!

Found pretty much exactly what I wanted a bit further down!

MUST remember to search first, then post...

Ali
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Yes you can.

It looks pretty frightening, but you can do it easily if you are a VERY
accurate typist :-)

Since you already understand fields, you already know that you can't "type"
the field bounding braces { and }, you have to "insert" them using Ctrl +
F9.

Cheers

On 31/3/06 4:53 AM, in article
, "MeWivFree"
wrote:

On our invoice template we have an invoice date box and a payment due date
box.

The invoice date is filled using a date field, and as our payment terms are
30 days from the date of the invoice it would be handy if the payment due
date box could be automatically calculated and filled in some way.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks...

Ali

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MeWivFree

Yes, you're right - I used Charles Kenyon's version (thanks Charles if you're
reading this - I've bookmarked your site!) and it was rather a scary looking
mass of {}s! Luckily I'm used to seeing things like that from a previous job
that I used to do...

The biggest problem I had was getting the date to display in UK format
instead of the US format it was producing.

Got there in the end though - hurrah!

Ali