Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoiMeme

Default Add footer with filename & path on first page only : how ?

Hi,

how can I automate to add on all document's first page a footer with the
path-filename of the current document ?
I would like to do this via a template or with a button, but best would be a
template

Thanks for help !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup, then select
the "Filename and path" AutoText entry in the First Page Footer. Do NOT do
this in Normal.dot (which is the only way you could get it on all blank
documents); instead create a specific document template with this formatting
(see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm).

"MoiMeme" wrote in message
Hi,

how can I automate to add on all document's first page a footer with the
path-filename of the current document ?
I would like to do this via a template or with a button, but best would be

template

Thanks for help !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoiMeme

If I do this with an autotext entry, will this automatically reflect the
filename-path of any fiel I create with this template ?
I thought the autotext would add at teh time used the text wanted, and not
update.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" a écrit dans le message de news:
Select "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup, then select
the "Filename and path" AutoText entry in the First Page Footer. Do NOT do
this in Normal.dot (which is the only way you could get it on all blank
documents); instead create a specific document template with this
formatting
(see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm).

so
all may benefit.

"MoiMeme" wrote in message
Hi,

how can I automate to add on all document's first page a footer with the
path-filename of the current document ?
I would like to do this via a template or with a button, but best would
be

template

Thanks for help !

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The field does not update automatically, but it will update at print time or
when explicitly updated. See
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/File_Name_And_Path.htm

"MoiMeme" wrote in message
If I do this with an autotext entry, will this automatically reflect the
filename-path of any fiel I create with this template ?
I thought the autotext would add at teh time used the text wanted, and not
update.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" a écrit dans le message de

Select "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup, then

select
the "Filename and path" AutoText entry in the First Page Footer. Do NOT

do
this in Normal.dot (which is the only way you could get it on all blank
documents); instead create a specific document template with this
formatting
(see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm).

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"MoiMeme" wrote in message
Hi,

how can I automate to add on all document's first page a footer with

the
path-filename of the current document ?
I would like to do this via a template or with a button, but best would
be

template

Thanks for help !

Number of pages should restart with section page numbers Jim B Microsoft Word Help 7 March 12th 06 02:13 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Widow/orphan control not working Mary Page Layout 5 July 28th 05 04:43 PM
How do I insert chapter number with page number in footer? Joan Microsoft Word Help 4 May 9th 05 04:00 PM