Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beauty3d

Default Why can't I use all of the fonts in the font folder in word 2003?

There are some fonts in the Windows Font folder that do not display in MS
Word 2003. I've read that if the font will not print Word will not display
the font. However, when I print the font from the windows font folder, the
font prints. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are several reasons for fonts in the Fonts folder not being listed in
Word:

1. One common reason is that the printer currently selected as the active
printer is a text-only printer, not capable of printing graphics (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NoFonts.htm).

2. Word will not use screen fonts that cannot be printed; these are marked
with a roman capital A symbol in the Fonts folder. See €śWD97: Some Fonts Are
Not Available in Word€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=163059 for
general information on this.

3. PostScript fonts (marked with a script capital A in the Fonts folder) may
not be listed for one of two reasons: your printer cannot print them or you
have selected "Show TrueType fonts only in the programs on my computer" on
the Fonts tab of Tools | Folder Options in the Fonts folder.

4. If you have chosen to display only TrueType fonts, you also won't see
printer-resident fonts (marked with a printer icon in the font list in
Word).

5. Word never lists bold, italic, or bold italic variants of fonts, though
it does use these fonts when you apply the Bold, Italic, or Bold and Italic
font attributes.