Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dick H.

Default remove carats

Is there a simple way to clean up email messages that have been forwarded
several times and transfer them to a word document? Mainly I would love to
save only the text to the word document without any formatting.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Copy | Edit | Paste Special | Unformatted Text
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Dick H." wrote:

Is there a simple way to clean up email messages that have been forwarded
several times and transfer them to a word document? Mainly I would love to
save only the text to the word document without any formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm for some tips. For
removing the symbols (they're actually "greater than" symbols rather than
carets), you can use column-select. Press Alt while dragging with the mouse
to select a column at the left of the text. Then Delete. This should get
most of them. Clean up the rest by searching for " " or " " and replacing
with nothing.

"Dick H." wrote in message
Is there a simple way to clean up email messages that have been forwarded
several times and transfer them to a word document? Mainly I would love to
save only the text to the word document without any formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'll take your extra carats. I love carats. Lots of them...especially in
diamonds.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, you mean carets? Too bad. Those you may keep.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dick H." wrote in message
Is there a simple way to clean up email messages that have been forwarded
several times and transfer them to a word document? Mainly I would love to
save only the text to the word document without any formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

I was just searching the newsgroups for this issue and came across your
reply. I realize that this is a very old message, but can you direct me to
the stripmail utility link you are talking about?

Thank you, Karen