Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mbrowett

Default Form Field Color

Here is my situation.

I have a form which contains several text form fields. I konw that you can
turn the shading on and off on the forms menu. Is there anyway to change the
default color of that shading without having it print out? Basically,
instead of gray boxes appearing on the locked form where there are entry
points, I would like yellow, light red, or whatever but I don't want that
color to print out. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

No, there is no way to change the default color of that shading without
having it print out. What are you trying to achieve?

"mbrowett" wrote in message
Here is my situation.

I have a form which contains several text form fields. I konw that you
can
turn the shading on and off on the forms menu. Is there anyway to change
the
default color of that shading without having it print out? Basically,
instead of gray boxes appearing on the locked form where there are entry
points, I would like yellow, light red, or whatever but I don't want that
color to print out. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mbrowett

Well, I was trying to achieve a form which had a shaded parts to be completed
by certain personnel only, and those are usually shaded gray. Those areas
would be completed by hand after the form was printed. But when the form is
originally filled out electronically, I don't want users to see "Shaded ares
for completion by D.A. Office Only" and think that the form fields are shaded
areas. Make sense? I tried making the other shade numerous colors and
levels of transparency and pattern and nothing looks as good printed out as
light gray. Oh well, perhaps people will figure it out. Unless you have
another idea! Thanks for the response.

"mbrowett" wrote in message
Here is my situation.

I have a form which contains several text form fields. I konw that you
can
turn the shading on and off on the forms menu. Is there anyway to change
the
default color of that shading without having it print out? Basically,
instead of gray boxes appearing on the locked form where there are entry
points, I would like yellow, light red, or whatever but I don't want that
color to print out. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Design the problem out. Think creatively about the problem, think about your
users and their needs, then drink good claret until you come up with a form
design that doesn't have this problem...

"mbrowett" wrote in message
Here is my situation.

I have a form which contains several text form fields. I konw that you
can
turn the shading on and off on the forms menu. Is there anyway to
change
the
default color of that shading without having it print out? Basically,
instead of gray boxes appearing on the locked form where there are
entry
points, I would like yellow, light red, or whatever but I don't want
that
color to print out. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Jezebel:

There's no need to burden the poor user with excessively onerous development
procedures.

There's nothing about this simple problem that requires the use of "good"
claret.

The roughest Chateaux Cardboard will do, it is merely necessary to consume
enough of it ... :-)

"mbrowett" wrote in message
Here is my situation.

I have a form which contains several text form fields. I konw that you
can
turn the shading on and off on the forms menu. Is there anyway to
change
the
default color of that shading without having it print out? Basically,
instead of gray boxes appearing on the locked form where there are
entry
points, I would like yellow, light red, or whatever but I don't want
that
color to print out. Any help would be appreciated.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWJyb3dldHQ=?=,

I'm not certain this helps, but...

You can turn off the field shading (button on the Forms toolbar) for the form
fields (and all fields), then select the fields and use a (gray) shading from
Format/Borders and Shading on the fields you want to have shaded.

Well, I was trying to achieve a form which had a shaded parts to be completed
by certain personnel only, and those are usually shaded gray. Those areas
would be completed by hand after the form was printed. But when the form is
originally filled out electronically, I don't want users to see "Shaded ares
for completion by D.A. Office Only" and think that the form fields are shaded
areas. Make sense? I tried making the other shade numerous colors and
levels of transparency and pattern and nothing looks as good printed out as
light gray. Oh well, perhaps people will figure it out. Unless you have
another idea!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org