Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dominic

Default prompt viewer to provide company name and use it to replace text

I would like to create a Word document containing terms and conditions of
business that when opened by anyone other than myself prompts them to provide
their company information and then inserts this information into the relevant
points in the document for them to then print and return to me. I have
received a document like this myself but do not know how to do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Dominic,

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dominic

Default prompt viewer to provide company name and use it to replace te

Greg,

Thanks for the advice - I have followed the information on the url you
provided - I have experienced problems with the cross referencing, I have
managed to create a single bookmark text1 and the autonew macro updates this
with the text entered in the user form, it does not however update the cross
references with the same text - I guess I am doing something fundamentally
dumb here.

When creating the cross reference in the template document I go Insert
Referrence Cross Referrence Reference Type Bookmark, Insert Referrence to
Bookmark text, Insert as Hyperlink, For which Bookmark text1 and then click
the Insert button - what am I doing wrong here?

"Greg" wrote:

Dominic,

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Dominic,

Add the following line after UserForm1.Show line:

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dominic

Greg,

Thanks for your continued assistance - I added the line as suggested but am
still having problems. When I insert cross referrences to my "bookmark1"
there does not appear to be anything inserted - I have tried to select some
text (behaviour akin to having text display as a hyperlink) and have that
cross referrence but on completing the insertion the text disappears. Is
there any way that the cross referrences I "insert" can be made visible? When
I open the template document the macro does work in that my bookmark1 text is
replaced by the text entered inthe use form, however the cross referrences do
not get updated.

"Greg" wrote:

Dominic,

Add the following line after UserForm1.Show line:

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

E-mail me your document and I will look at it.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: