Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan R

Default section help!

Good morning,
I am working on a business document, and in doing so I needed to change the
orientation of one of the pages to landscape instead of portrait. In doing
so, it has created a new "section" (at the bottom of the page, it says Sec 2,
page 1) when in fact it sohuld be page 17. This throws off the numbering of
my pages, I.E page 1 of 24, it should read page 17 of 24 and it reads page 1
of 24. I am thinking the section somehow has something to do with this. Can
someone please help me figure out how to get the pages to flow continuously,
get it back into section 1, so my pages all read correctly. I would very
much appreciate any help! I keep fiddling with the footer and changing the
page but it does no good!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

Don't delete the section break. You need it to change the orientation of the
page. What you need to do is get into the footer of that page and select the
"Format Page Number" option. Then select "Continue from Previous Section."
That should do the trick.

Good luck.

Fred
________________________
If this answered your question, please respond "Yes" to the question "Was
this post helpful to you." Thanks.

"Dan R" wrote:

Good morning,
I am working on a business document, and in doing so I needed to change the
orientation of one of the pages to landscape instead of portrait. In doing
so, it has created a new "section" (at the bottom of the page, it says Sec 2,
page 1) when in fact it sohuld be page 17. This throws off the numbering of
my pages, I.E page 1 of 24, it should read page 17 of 24 and it reads page 1
of 24. I am thinking the section somehow has something to do with this. Can
someone please help me figure out how to get the pages to flow continuously,
get it back into section 1, so my pages all read correctly. I would very
much appreciate any help! I keep fiddling with the footer and changing the
page but it does no good!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan R

I can't thank you enough. This has been a problem with some of my docs and I
could never figure out what the problem is. Thanks again.