Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael

Default tabs and hanging arent saved in my style

I am changing the tabs and hanging settings and then saving to template in
the modify style page.
When I re-open everything I changed is there except thoose 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

You mentioned "hanging settings," which makes me suspect you are probably
using either bullets or numbering on those paragraphs. If you are, you need
to set the tabs and indents in two places: Format - Paragraph and also Format
- Bullets and Numbering. Sometimes, one will take precedence over the other
other. Try changing the indents in both places and see if it sticks.

Good luck,

Fred
____________________________
If you found this post helpful, please answer "Yes" to the question "Was
this post helpful?" Thanks!

"Michael" wrote:

I am changing the tabs and hanging settings and then saving to template in
the modify style page.
When I re-open everything I changed is there except thoose 2.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael

Good catch reading in to what I wanted you both are exactly right, the
autoness of the numbering if changed is overriding the autoness of the sytle.
It would be best to edit in both places, but I did notice (so far) that if
you do the numbering first and leave alone and then do the sytle it sticks
(maybe)
Better do it your way though.

THANK YOU