Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kacie

Default how do I set up an autosignature for Word documents, not e-mail?

I write several letters using letterhead and at the end of the letter, I
would like to write a salutation followed by by name, position and contact
information, but it's about 5 lines and I have to type it every time I write
a letter. I could paste it to my clipboard, but that goes away when I close
Word. Is there any kind of automatic signature that I can attach to all of my
documents? The only options I'm getting for autosignatures is for e-mail and
that's not what I need.
Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Sounds as if you need to create a template.

See: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Kacie" wrote:

I write several letters using letterhead and at the end of the letter, I
would like to write a salutation followed by by name, position and contact
information, but it's about 5 lines and I have to type it every time I write
a letter. I could paste it to my clipboard, but that goes away when I close
Word. Is there any kind of automatic signature that I can attach to all of my
documents? The only options I'm getting for autosignatures is for e-mail and
that's not what I need.
Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Kacie, (interesting name)

Creat an AutoText entry.

Type out the salutation (or closing, or whatever) as it should appear.
Select it and press ALT+F3. Name it something like mysaluation and
click OK.

Now check that ToolsAutoCorrect OptionsAutoText "Show autocomplete
tips for AutoText and Dates" is checked.

Start typing mysa... and hit enter when the autocomplete tip appears.