Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Weste

Default Combo Box

I have a word form with some combo boxes (not form fields). I have set their
properties to the following

Locked = True
Enabled = True ( I don't want the control dimmed)

Setting these properties disables the cobbo box list from displaying when
the down arrow is clicked; however the contents of the combo box can still be
changed by typing directly into the combo box. Not sure why this is
happening since the control is Locked. Is there another property I need to
set so users can't enter directly into in the combo box? Thanks for your
help.

Weste
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

I don't see that behavior here when the document is not in Design Mode.

Are you sure you've exited Design Mode before saving, by clicking the top
left button on the Control Toolbox? If your macro security level is set to
High or Very High, opening the document would put you back into Design Mode
(a side effect of disabling macros), and the Control Toolbox would be
visible.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman