Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vanessa Simmonds

Default Index - Sort

hello,

I have created a index on my documents and it is alfabetic sorting the
topics but I want to stay like it is in the document.

How can do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Vanessa Simmonds wrote:
I have created a index on my documents and it is alfabetic sorting the
topics but I want to stay like it is in the document.

How can do it?

What would be the purpose of that? The reader looks up a keyword in an
index to see on which (*relevant*) pages this keyword is
used/discussed/defined etc. Are you expecting him to scann the whole
index to find the word he is looking for (well, half of the index, on
average, but still ... ;-)).

Maybe a table of contents (TOC field) is really what you are looking
for? This is compiled from (usually Heading) styles, or from TC fields,
in contrast to XE fields for the INDEX ...

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you are describing is a table of contents (TOC). See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

"Vanessa Simmonds" wrote in
message ...