Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lynn

Default Automatic numbering

I am using an outline with automatic numbering, and everything is working
fine, until the 9th paragraph where the number, inexplicably is not
available. I try to back up to the previous paragraph and insert a hard
return, which produces a new number, then deletes the one above it. Any
ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

Have you followed these guidelines, exactly, to produce your numbering? If
not, you will have problems.

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Lori Lynn" Lori wrote in message
I am using an outline with automatic numbering, and everything is working
fine, until the 9th paragraph where the number, inexplicably is not
available. I try to back up to the previous paragraph and insert a hard
return, which produces a new number, then deletes the one above it. Any
ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lynn

Yes, I did - the problem actually solved itself, when I went to the paragraph
below it, and accepted the format change - the numbering in the paragraph
above corrected itself. I am not sure why it happened, but can continue in
the document so am a happy camper again. Thanks for your quick response -
nice to know this is available.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Lori:

"Numbering" is stored in the paragraph mark that ends the paragraph to which
the number applies.

If you have a pending change on that paragraph mark, it and the information
it contains may be "out of service". When you resolve the change, "normal
service is restored".

Cheers

On 1/4/06 9:28 AM, in article
, "Lori Lynn"

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410